What do these countries have that took them to the top 5 adventure destinations for 2017?
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty – Jacob Bronowski
In this era of fast-paced life, you need more energy to throw off stress. But where will you get the energy? It seems Mother Nature had already known about mankind’s challenges and has designed ‘WONDERS’ on certain areas, which when traveled upon can rejuvenate human life. Mentioned below are the countries which made it to top 5 Adventure Destinations of 2017 travel trends. Now shall we have a look?
Hailed as the country with the best adventure activities by trippers. [highlight]South Africa is in the first spot on the list of top 5 Adventure Destinations of 2017 travel trends. [/highlight]South Africa is really a traveler’s delight, for good reason.
Tourist attractions of every genre can be discovered in this country. Some of them are – rafting, bungee, driving on mountain terrain, paragliding, trail running, sea kayaking, snorkeling, going on safari to view wild animals in game reserves etc.
WHY IS south africa THE FAVORITE ADVENTURE HOLIDAY POINT FOR TRAVELERS?
When I start researching about adventure activities of South Africa. Trust me, the list seems to be endless. I was wondering if I start explaining in details then I have to come up with an another blog title. But, I’m sure this list will blow your mind to all adventurous souls.
Paragliding, Sky Diving, Hot Air Balloon, Microlighting, Zip Lining, Paragliding, and Helicopter Flips,
Abseiling, Watching Bird, Bungee Jumping, Caving, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Riding Elephant Safari, Kloofing, Mountain Biking, Riding Ostrich, Quad Biking, Rapp Jumping, Running, Sand Boarding, Skateboarding, Steam Train Rides, Turtle Tours, Walking around Jungle Wild Safari, Canopy Tours, Cycling, Mountain Climbing, Rock Climbing, Pony Trekking, Rhino Tracking and many more.
Board Sailing, Canoeing, Deep Sea Diving, Fly Fishing, Kite Surfing, Power Boating, River Cruises, Scuba Diving, Sea Kayaking, Seal Trips, Shark Cage Diving, Snorkelling, Sunset Cruises, Tubing, Water Skiing, White Water Rafting, Sailing (Yachting), Crocodile Cave Diving, Surfing, Parasailing and many more
For more details, pricing, booking, and other information about above activities. You can check out this website – sa-venues.com
Which Season Is Better To Visit For an Adventure Tourism?
Kruger Park (Mpumalanga) and other wildlife parks – May to September because of the dry season. Beach enthusiasts – the spots are Cape Town, Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Northern Cape and Western Cape.
Drakensberg Mountains can be singled out as the best destination for adventure as it is used for hiking spot for the entire year.
Culture and Currency Stat – Do you know South Africa has another name as the “Rainbow Nation.” South Africa is known for its ethnic & cultural diversity. Including native Black South African, there are different ethnic groups.
It is the only country which has 11 official languages and the only country to have a name because of its location. South African currency is called the Rand. 1 USD into 14.13 Rand.
Why One Should Choose South Africa?
Seldom in this globe, can you find a country where you can enjoy the best holiday within the budget and be a visitor to all the major attractions. A perfect weather for the entire year along with every adventure activity in the offing, you are left to choose your own.
You can go to museums to get information on freedom fighters such as Nelson Mandela, relish mouth-watering recipes, take part in shark-views, stay in comfortable places, enjoy the beauty of wild and nature? So what are you waiting for? Off to pack your bags! Bingo!
If ADVENTURE is your second soul, then get ready for a new adventure in NEW ZEALAND. [highlight] New Zealand is known for its extreme sports activities and made it to the second position in the top 5 Adventure Destinations of 2017 Travel Trends.[/highlight]
You just think of one adventure and New Zealand can blow your mind by serving every adventure. Popularly known as the Kiwi Land, this country has every activity in its pie right from bungee jumping to caving all against a painting of landscapes. Trekking, you can do in the glaciers, which you cannot do in any other country.
Why Is New Zealand The Favorite Adventure Holiday Point For Travelers?
New Zealand is equal to ADVENTURE land. Yes, New Zealand is overlooked by many wild souls. It has everything to offer you. I’m already the biggest fan of New Zealand nature beauty. Below are the top activities you can do in New Zealand, but trust me if you dig then you can end up getting more options.
- Ziplining – Ziplining can give you a dose of adrenaline in Queensland.
- Jet Boating – This activity can be enjoyed by any age, by a whole year. Just sit back, tighten yourself and feel the speed.
- Rafting – Drift the boat through a wild forest to white knuckled. I bet, it can fulfill your wilderness adventure.
- Caves Adventure – Dark Waitomo caves are the real paradise for an adventurous person.
- Skydiving – Touch the skyline at Queenstown, Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Wanaka and Lake Taupo.
- Off Road Driving – Yeah, this is something new. You can enjoy driving off the road like on dirt + water + agricultural rough land etc.
- Bungee – Face your fear and enjoy bungee at Auckland Harbour Bridge & many more places.
- Auckland Museum – History of Maori treasure.
- Trekking – Freeze yourself by trekking on Franz Joseph glaciers.
- Kayaking – Milford Sound is ideal for Kayaking.
If someone is interested in more details, pricing, and booking, then you can checkout this website —> NewZealand
Preferred Time To Visit New Zealand For an Adventure Tourism?
The warm months come from September till April. Summer – December, Jan, and Feb. Spring – Sep to Nov. Autumn – March to May and winter has only three months July to August. Summer and winter trips should be booked well in advance.
Culture & Currency Stat – The European (British) descendants form 69 percent of the population, nearly 14 percent from the Māori, the remaining Asian and other islanders.
There are three official languages, New Zealand Sign language, Te Reo Māori (the native language) and the New Zealand English. The currency they use – dollar (NZ$) which is 1 USD = 1.43 NZ$
Why should you choose New Zealand for an Adventure Destination?
New Zealand, can be dubbed as one of the adventure destinations around the globe. You name it, they have it, however, it is always better to do a little searching of dates before making the travel.
If there is an adventure destination regarding wildlife and nature which can surpass expectations, as well give you the experience of a lifetime, then opt for the Galapagos Islands. The place is made up of 13 large islands and six isles (smaller). Galapagos is the province of Ecuador.
Best Adventure Tourism For A Tourist On Galapagos Islands
- Hiking – Galapagos Islands is known for its hiking and sea water adventure. As well as you will get many options to hike around the Islands, experiencing closely the wildlife beauty.
- Sierra Negra – Want to explore an active volcano that is now dormant? The perfect place.
- Search for Giant Tortoises in the Wild Island – First, you will travel by boat to Santa Cruz Island. On arrival amaze you by watching Giant Tortoises in the wild island.
- Scuba Diving – Santa Cruz, Isabela and San Cristobal islands.
- A short Snorkeling trip to Isla Lobos – Want to watch sea lions along with their young? You can swim along with them. One of the best tourist destinations, you can also see other marine life such as sea horse and land animals such as Lava Lizards and Iguanas.
- Swimming and Snorkeling – You can enjoy water activities in Lobería (Santa Cruz Island)
- Tortuga Bay walk and Kayaking Adventure – You can enjoy Sea Kayaking Adventure at Tortuga Bay and explore the mangroves by walking around the Island. Over here you can also learn a surf lesson.
- Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island) – You can get information on the preservation of wildlife in these islands.
- San Cristobal Interpretation Center – History of these Islands? You are at the right place.
Best Season To Go For An Adventure Holiday
The islands remain full of wildlife all the year round but kindly take note of the information before making a decision.
- The low season months are termed as April to May and from September to October. Winter – planktons are in full bloom.
- If you are interested in birds and aquatic life, the June to December time is the best.
- The summer months in December to May – you explore the water for a Swim or for Snorkeling.
January is the time when the Green Turtles lay their eggs, March and April are breeding seasons of birds. Come October, it will be hatching season of giant tortoise eggs.
Culture & Currency Stat – Only four islands have inhabitants and they are Isabela, San Cristobal, Floreana and Santa Cruz. The official language is Spanish, but other languages are also used such as English, French, Hebrew, German. The Roman Catholics constitute a majority of the population. The Galapagos Island official currency is the US dollar.
Why should you select Galapagos Islands?
If there is a place where you can see wildlife at its closest, it is in the Galapagos Islands. So do not miss the adventure trip.
How would you like to visit a small nation which has 32 national parks, protected zones (34), biological reserves (8), conservation regions (11), wildlife refugees (51), forest reserves (13)? Baffled? Sounds Impossible? The info is TRUE. The nation is Costa Rica, the eco-tourism following nation.[highlight]Costa Rica is one of my best adventure destinations which has made it position in the top 5 Adventure Destinations of 2017 Travel Trends. [/highlight] Just imagine for a moment, the wide list of flora, fauna, wildlife and sea life in and around the nation? Doesn’t the info just propel you to pack your bags?
9 Awesome Adventure Tourism Activities in Costa Rica
- Ziplining – Selvatura Park (Monteverde) or in Arenal Park.
- Canyoning (Rappel) – La Fortuna at Arenal.
- White Water Rafting – Rio Pacuare
- Boating – Guanacaste
- Waterfall Jumping – In Jaco
- Surfing – The best locations are Playa Grande, Playa Tamarindo, Playa Hermosa and Playa Jaco.
- Hiking – For the trails (Manuel Antonio); adventure (Rio Celeste).
- Mountaineering – Mount Chirripo.
- Snorkeling – at Monkey head
- Sports Fishing – Fishing in Gulf of Papagayo.
- Wildlife Watching – Corcovado National Park and Manuel Antonio National Park.
Best Times for adventure trips to Visit Costa Rica
Favorable time is December to April (dry season). The sunny days make it easy for tourists to roam the length and breadth of rainforests and relax on beaches. If you are interested in becoming wet, May to November is the best option.
Culture & Currency Stat – Culture is influenced by Spain, and other country traditions such as the Caribbean, Jamaica. 70% of the population comprise of Roman Catholics. The official language is Spanish (mainly used in transactions) although English is used in business communication. The currency of Costa Rica is Colón. 1 USD = 549.78 CRC
Why should you choose Costa Rica for An Adventure Destination?
The people are friendly, and you can have every activity right from surfing to hiking to dining at your behest. With plenty of wildlife, volcanoes, mountains and beaches, no wonder it comes across as the best adventure destination for a tourist.
Say Peru (the country of 28 separate climates) and you may be reminded of Indiana Jones and the ancient tribe’s treasure. Agreed, for an adventure seeker or for those who want to travel to a new country, there will be no boundaries.
This article is just the tip of the iceberg for you to not miss any of your favorite activity. Some of the major attractions are trekking/hiking in the ancient Inca ruins or the Andes Mountain, balk at the wonder city of Cuzco, a sand board in the Huacachina desert, delighting in the various cuisines across cities, and after a hard and adventurous day, relaxing at comfortable affordable lodges.
The Best Outdoor Adventure Destinations In Peru
- Canopy – Enjoy in Máncora and Cuzco
- Hand-Gliding & Paragliding – Callejón de Huaylas, Pasamayo, Costa Verde, Pachacámac, Chincha, Urubamba Valley
- Mountaineering – You can do it at Ampato Volcano, Coropuna – Colca valley –The Huascarán National Park contains the Cordillera Blanca, mountain chain. You can expect glaciers, lakes, rivers and snowcapped peaks
- Rock Climbing – Re-define the heights in Cajamarca, Lima, Puno, Áncash, Pasco, Arequipa
- Trekking – Fond of trekking? Then try the one from the Inca Trail up till Machu Picchu.
- Mountain Biking/Cycling – Cycling and biking along the ancient routes, passing through the history of Peru.
- Sandboarding and Buggies – Dare to give a challenge to the sand at La Libertad & Ica.
- Caving – Lechuzas Cave in Huánuco and the Huagapo Caves
- For birds and wildlife – Manu Biosphere reserve and Tambopata National Reserve.
- Puno City (shore of Lake Titicaca) – It is famous for unfinished buildings. One of the best tourist destinations to roam around.
- Lima – The place is the capital of Peru. Complete with ancient monasteries, churches, and Spanish palaces.
- A rafting enthusiast – Try the spots around the Arequipa as well as the Colca Canyon (south Peru).
- Diving – Awesome beaches would be Vichayito, El Ñuro, Punta Veleros and Los Órganos, Punta Sal. You can also ready to get stunned by watching water species like Butterflyfish, Cortez angelfish, groupers, seahorses, Moray eels, octopuses, crustaceans, green turtles, sea lions.
- Surfing – Puerto Chicama, Lobitos, and Cabo Blanco (Northern Peru). Time – October to March; Pico Alto, Cerro Azul and Punta Rocas (Southern Peru). Time – April to December.
- Kayaking – In the river of Cañete in Lunahuaná.
- Kite Surfing and Windsurfing – best place to explore, this is in the Paracas Bay area (Ica) and Máncora (Piura).
You can plan your adventure or for more details and booking. You can checkout this website —> peru.travel
Preferred Time To Visit Peru For an Adventure Holiday?
May to September is the dry season and the best time for hikers. Trekking is to be avoided in hill regions during rainy seasons. For swimmers, the ideal months are November till March, where the waters in the coast will be warm.
Culture & Currency Stat – The culture of Peru is derived largely from Amerindian and European cultures. The official languages of Peru are Spanish and Quechua. The Sol is the currency of Peru, but the currency used in the capital (Lima) is the Nuevo Sol. Currency exchange has to be done if you are traveling to Lima. 1 USD = 3.40 Peruvian Sol
Why should you choose Peru for an Adventure Destination?
Every tourist wants to have an adventure in holidays, and he/she will have confusion to choose from the many options. Peru stands as one among the best since it gives a variety of options to the traveler right from ancient ages (Inca trails) to the recent surfing activity.
My favorite adventure destination is Costa Rica because I’m a nature person. And, Costa Rica has countless reason to explore its flora & fauna. I would love to hear from you, which is your favorite adventure destination? And why would you love to visit? Please kindly drop a comment below to share your thoughts with the world.
For recent updates on the best travel destinations, kindly subscribe to Design and Travel below.